We wanted to talk about Instagram stories and how they can step up your social game. The stories feature on the apps allow you to share “moments” of your day quickly and easily. You can post things on your story that you don’t necessarily want on your feed. Stories appear on the explore page, and if your account is public, anyone can watch it!
So, how do you post stories?
You simply tap the camera icon top left and can either upload from your photos, or take a picture or video in the moment. You can then add filters, gifs, emojis, text, polls, and more!
Why should you use Instagram stories?
- Polls: Encourage your audience to engage with your post by asking them questions on stories with a poll. You could give two options on what they’d like to see next on the blog or yes or no questions!
- Emoji slide stickers: This is another way to engage your audience with an easy way for them to participate. You can use any emoji which makes it very versatile!
- Questions: Let your audience ask you questions easily! It could be about anything or something in particular like a product or service you offer.
- Quiz: Post a quiz about something to do with your business to see how much people really know about your company!
You can also use location tags that people can use to find your story, post links to products if you have a shop page, and can let your followers swipe up to a link if they have 10k followers or more. Even though stories stay for 24 hours, you can still save them as highlights and have different headings so your followers can easily find different things.
Dimensions: 1080 pixels wide and 1920 pixels high
Some ideas for story posts:
- This or that
- Ask us a question
- Behind the scenes
- FAQ videos
- Share customer posts
- Share from other accounts
- Ask questions
Do you use Instagram stories? Let us know your favourite ways to use them!